A note from Kristen & Anne
Attention 4th Graders! The 4th Grade Celebration is Coming Soon!
On June 16 the 4th graders will be “Surfing into Saxe!” The day long festivities start at 9 a.m. with a ceremony to recognize all 4th graders and their time at South. After the formal ceremony and photos with families the kids will be treated to a delicious lunch and treats courtesy of the PTC. After lunch they will race though a bouncy castle obstacle course, dance with a DJ and their friends, strike a pose for some selfies and test their strength in the tug of war or water balloon games. The 4th grade celebration is a wonderful way to congratulate our 4th graders as they say goodbye to South! This day only is possible because of all the parent volunteers and support of the PTC – so thank you!
Kelly Lavigne and Katey Ryan and all the Field
Day volunteers! As always, a extra big South School thank you to
Mr. MacDonald for always creating such fun & creative games! Field Day 2017 was PAWSOME!
Nancy Roeder and Leslie Bisesi for making the Palm Beach Chic South Social a wonderful night out!
Melissa Coffman, Anne Schimmeck, Kristin Barnard, and Susan Gelvin for their years of service to South School as PTC board members. We appreciate your time, energy, dedication to helping make South School a wonderful place.
Upcoming School Events
News from the PTC
What You Need to Know
PTC 2016 – 2017 Calendar of Events
The South School PTC organizes and coordinates a wide array of school programs, social events and much more for the student and parent community. We would love to see you at an upcoming occasion soon!
Ten Reasons To Get Involved At South
1. Volunteering makes a big difference. Research consistently shows that kids whose parents are involved in their schools do better.
2. It’s fun! Even simple events like Walk to School Day or Game Night are a great way to spend time with your family and support your school.
3. It feels great to participate! Your child spends a lot of time at school, and it’s great to share some of her school-related experiences with her.
4. You’ll get to know other parents. It’s powerful to create a circle of adult friends around a school, and help foster connections between families in your community.
5. Volunteering offers tangible ways to be part of things. Joining a parent group will provide concrete ways to get involved, whether at events, in the classroom, or on a committee.
6. It’s a manageable commitment. Spend an hour at Bingo night or Book Fair, and your efforts will be appreciated. And remember, it’s always OK to say no when you’re busy.
7. You can tailor volunteering to play to your strengths. There are many ways to contribute, some of which are sure to complement your strengths, interests, or professional skills.
8. Your help is always needed. Whether it’s helping run the next big event or providing support in the classroom, there are always ways to pitch in.
9. Volunteering provides another way to get to know school and support staff to better understand their needs and ideas.
10. Have a great idea? Volunteering gives you opportunities to get your ideas out there.
Shop for South
Who wouldn’t shop on Amazon or order their holiday cards on Shutterfly if they knew it would help support South? Who doesn’t shop at Walter Stewart’s and Stop & Shop? Now you can shop for products that you use and love, while supporting the South School PTC. Think of it as GUILT-FREE shopping and couldn’t be any easier! Spread the word to your friends and families and their purchases can benefit our school too!