A note from Kristen & Anne
Spring is in the Air!
South School has a lot of wonderful events on the calendar! We hope to see you at a few.
4/22 – Yankees vs. Blue Jays: NC Elementary Schools head to the BallPark – Tickets still available!
4/24 – Parent Education Series: Social Success & Resilience – Come hear Meg Domino in one of her final talks as Director of NC CARES!
4/27 – Art Show: Come see your future Picasso’s artwork on display
4/30 – 5/4 – Staff Appreciation Week: Help us thank our teachers and staff for their hard work and dedication to South School.
5/4 – Walk to School Day
5/4 – Variety Show: South School’s finest talent on display
5/8-5/10 – Book Fair
Note some Programs have updated dates:
6/8 –Field Day
6/22 –Last Day of School
Feedback is always welcome on the Star or other South School PTC matters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s to Spring!
Special Thanks To…..
Kari Shoemaker and Kelly Lavigne, and all the volunteers who made Kindergarten orientation such a well-run success!
New to South School? Welcome
If you are new to South School this year, please feel free to reach out to your child’s grade level ambassador. Each grade has a parent ambassador who is happy to help you acclimate to New Canaan and South School. Please reach out with any questions! Click here learn more.
Upcoming School Events
News from the PTC
What You Need to Know
PTC 2017 – 2018 Calendar of Events
The South School PTC organizes and coordinates a wide array of school programs, social events and much more for the student and parent community. We would love to see you at an upcoming occasion soon!
Ten Reasons To Get Involved At South
1. Volunteering makes a big difference. Research consistently shows that kids whose parents are involved in their schools do better.
2. It’s fun! Even simple events like Walk to School Day or Game Night are a great way to spend time with your family and support your school.
3. It feels great to participate! Your child spends a lot of time at school, and it’s great to share some of her school-related experiences with her.
4. You’ll get to know other parents. It’s powerful to create a circle of adult friends around a school, and help foster connections between families in your community.
5. Volunteering offers tangible ways to be part of things. Joining a parent group will provide concrete ways to get involved, whether at events, in the classroom, or on a committee.
6. It’s a manageable commitment. Spend an hour at Bingo night or Book Fair, and your efforts will be appreciated. And remember, it’s always OK to say no when you’re busy.
7. You can tailor volunteering to play to your strengths. There are many ways to contribute, some of which are sure to complement your strengths, interests, or professional skills.
8. Your help is always needed. Whether it’s helping run the next big event or providing support in the classroom, there are always ways to pitch in.
9. Volunteering provides another way to get to know school and support staff to better understand their needs and ideas.
10. Have a great idea? Volunteering gives you opportunities to get your ideas out there.
Shop for South
Who wouldn’t shop on Amazon or order their holiday cards on Shutterfly if they knew it would help support South? Who doesn’t shop at Walter Stewart’s and Stop & Shop? Now you can shop for products that you use and love, while supporting the South School PTC. Think of it as GUILT-FREE shopping and couldn’t be any easier! Spread the word to your friends and families and their purchases can benefit our school too!