Welcome to 2017!
Happy New Year! We are so excited for 2017 and what lies ahead for South School. Just a few highlights…. We have some great in school events like Read-A-Thon, assemblies and the Science Fair. We have the return of Movie Morning at Bow Tie Cinemas in February, the Sound Tigers game in March and Family Fun Day at Yankee Stadium in April. Lastly – mark your calendars for our Annual Adult Social on June 2nd.
How does this all come together? Through our wonderful volunteers and PTC Executive Board. Interested in joining the board for the 2017-2018 year? Please contact Sarah Haddad, email@example.com for a list of open positions and click here for the form to nominate yourself or a friend. We can’t do this without you!
Upcoming School Events
News from the PTC
What You Need to Know
PTC 2016 – 2017 Calendar of Events
The South School PTC organizes and coordinates a wide array of school programs, social events and much more for the student and parent community. We would love to see you at an upcoming occasion soon!
Ten Reasons To Get Involved At South
1. Volunteering makes a big difference. Research consistently shows that kids whose parents are involved in their schools do better.
2. It’s fun! Even simple events like Walk to School Day or Game Night are a great way to spend time with your family and support your school.
3. It feels great to participate! Your child spends a lot of time at school, and it’s great to share some of her school-related experiences with her.
4. You’ll get to know other parents. It’s powerful to create a circle of adult friends around a school, and help foster connections between families in your community.
5. Volunteering offers tangible ways to be part of things. Joining a parent group will provide concrete ways to get involved, whether at events, in the classroom, or on a committee.
6. It’s a manageable commitment. Spend an hour at Bingo night or Book Fair, and your efforts will be appreciated. And remember, it’s always OK to say no when you’re busy.
7. You can tailor volunteering to play to your strengths. There are many ways to contribute, some of which are sure to complement your strengths, interests, or professional skills.
8. Your help is always needed. Whether it’s helping run the next big event or providing support in the classroom, there are always ways to pitch in.
9. Volunteering provides another way to get to know school and support staff to better understand their needs and ideas.
10. Have a great idea? Volunteering gives you opportunities to get your ideas out there.
Shop for South
Who wouldn’t shop on Amazon or order their holiday cards on Shutterfly if they knew it would help support South? Who doesn’t shop at Walter Stewart’s and Stop & Shop? Now you can shop for products that you use and love, while supporting the South School PTC. Think of it as GUILT-FREE shopping and couldn’t be any easier! Spread the word to your friends and families and their purchases can benefit our school too!